The fine print
- These requirements are a minimum standard for the purposes of
promotion testing; this is not a comprehensive listing of all the
applications of technique with which you must be familiar.
- Many techniques have omote (front) and ura (rear) variations
that you must know.
- Many techniques have applications against both static and dynamic
attacks that you must know.
- In certain cases a particular variation of a technique is required
and noted as such above; you are encouraged, however, to demonstrate
- All tests are cumulative; you must be prepared to demonstrate exercises and techniques
from all ranks prior to the one for which you are actually testing.
- All test candidates must complete the following prior to testing:
- Dojo dues must be paid up to date.
- AAA or AAI annual dues must be paid up to date.
- Examination application form must be completed legibly and submitted to your instructor.
- Examination fee must be paid.
- No application for promotion testing will be accepted by the test committee with the
knowledge and consent of the candidate's instructor.
Promotion Page |
©SAP Dec. 17, 1996