- Remove your shoes before stepping on the mat. Leave them with heels towards the mat.
- Bow when stepping onto and off of the mat.
- Address the instructor as sensei.
- Five minutes before class starts, line up and sit quietly for the sensei to begin.
Then bow simultaneously with the sensei before the initial exercises.
- If you are late for class, bow onto the mat and sit quietly off to the side in the
seiza position until sensei gives you permission to join the class.
- Bow to the instructor when called upon to practice.
- If you should have to leave the mat or dojo for any reason
during class, approach the instructor and ask permission.
Copyright © SAP 3/97